How Can I Help?
Our volunteers are the backbone for our program and without such caring individuals, our riders could not ride. Not only does Hooves of Hope provide hope and happiness to our riders, but Hooves of Hope inspires volunteers as well. Volunteers form special bonds with the riders they work with in sessions and with the therapy horses they help care for. Volunteers will witness the positive changes that happen when a rider experiences the amazing benefits of a horse.
As a non-profit organization, Hooves of Hope relies heavily on the generosity of donors like you. There are many ways in which people can help our clients continue to achieve success. Whether you donate money, items, horses or business services, your gift is always appreciated and is fully tax-deductible. If you have a horse you are interested in free leasing or donating please continue to scroll down to the bottom of this page to view the specific steps and guidelines for that process.
Did you know you can support Hooves of Hope simply by shopping? Both Amazon Smile and Kroger Rewards offer the ability for you to put Hooves of Hope Equestrian Center, Inc. Lancaster, KY as a charitable organization so that every time you use AmazonSmile or your Kroger Plus Card a portion of the purchase price will be donated to Hooves of Hope Equestrian Center, Inc. We also accept donations directly to our organization- coming soon!
Be a Sidewalker!
- Walk alongside an adult or child rider during a therapy session!
- Contribute to the rider’s safety and fun!
- See firsthand the benefits of therapeutic riding.
- Experience the joy, the smiles, and be a part of the human/horse bond.
BE A HORSE LEADER!
- Lead a horse during a therapy session!
- You can help riders as they learn to control the horse on their own while accomplishing other day-to-day goals.
- You will be forming a relationship with “your” horse that will contribute to the success of each session!
Be a Feeder!
- Help fill feed buckets, fill water troughs, and provide hay on a daily basis.
- Spend 1-2 hours with the horses and ensure that all are happy and healthy!
Be a Groomer!
- Get each horse cleaned before lessons start!
- You’re able to work one on one with the horses and give them plenty of TLC.
- Clean stalls, clean tack, or just clean! Hooves of Hope is completely maintained by volunteer manpower.
- Be a part of this hardworking crew!
Review the Guidelines for Horse Donation to make sure your horse meets our requirements for consideration. Contact our Director or Equine Manager by calling (859) 792-8938 or email email@example.com. Please have your horses age, height, medical condition, and general life experiences ready to discuss.
Obtain a Horse Free Lease/Donation Application by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Complete this application to send back to us along with conformation pictures and a video of the horse being ridden to be reviewed by the Director and Equine Manager.
After application is reviewed, if Hooves of Hope is interested in the horse, a visit will be planned to evaluate the horse. This visit will include ground work, riding, possible obstacle work, and assessing the disposition of the horse.
If Hooves of Hope decides we would like take the horse for a 90 day trial we will send a Free Lease/Donation Agreement to the owner and terms will be discussed. Once the Free Lease/ Donation Agreement is completed horse transfer will be arranged and the 90 day trial period will begin.